My Photo
Name:

Welcome to the Seaside Knitting Patterns blog! Here you will find tips on Seaside Knitting pattern construction, notions, knitting techniques, yarns, and the occasional yippe (!) when I’m thrilled with the way a project has turned out. For additional information about Seaside Knitting Patterns, please click on the Portfolio picture or visit http://www.seasideknittingpatterns.com

Friday, April 20, 2012

Icelandic Knitting - Glöfi Woolen Factory Outlet in Hvolsvöllur


I recently returned from a wonderful trip to Iceland with the mom. We spent a week touring the countryside in a rented car, seeing Reykjavik on foot, and visiting the Blue Lagoon. Iceland is beautiful.

I had a special experience visiting the Glöfi Woolen Factory Outlet in Hvolsvöllur in the southwest coast region (http://www.randburg.com/is/glofi/). The helpful staff at Hotel Rangá pointed me to the outlet when I expressed in buying yarn from a local seller. I had seen a farm along out journey that advertised wool yarn, but it was closed. The Glöfi outlet turned out to be a yarn and knitwear factory with a retail room in the front. The retail section offered sweaters, wraps, hats, and mittens. I asked about buying skeins of yarn.
I was in luck. A very nice women lead me to the back of the factory, where I was offered my choice of yarn. I chose four colors in natural tones in approximately sport weight. Was I in heaven!
I can't wait to design and knit a special sweater with my new icelandic wool.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home