My Photo
Name:

Welcome to the Seaside Knitting Patterns blog! Here you will find tips on Seaside Knitting pattern construction, notions, knitting techniques, yarns, and the occasional yippe (!) when I’m thrilled with the way a project has turned out. For additional information about Seaside Knitting Patterns, please click on the Portfolio picture or visit http://www.seasideknittingpatterns.com

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Great Book - Make Your Own Shoes by Mary Wales Loomis

(Originally posted Wednesday, September 23, 2009)


For the last several weeks, I’ve been dreaming of shoes - shoes (and boots) with knitted uppers. Not slippers. Chic footwear with heels!!!! That’s what I want to make.


And today, I received in the mail a great book: “Make Your Own Shoes” by Mary Wales Loomis. She takes you through all of the steps of making your own shoes (as the title suggests). But what really impressed me as I looked through it was her clarity and attention to step-by-step instructions.


I’m really looking forward to getting started on my first pair of shoes. I’m expecting it to be a challenge. But a fun one.


If you want to check out her book, or buy a copy, go to her website

http://www.marywalesloomis.com/


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home